Thursday, November 12, 2009

Introduction

This blog is dedicated to the fashion of the nineteenth century. I chose this topic because there is a good amount of information about it, and their fashion was very different then, than it is now. For instance, people had specific clothes for mourning, like who they were mourning for, and how long they would be mourning. I also like to learn things with visual aids and this will have a lot I’m sure, which will also be helpful to anyone else that likes to learn that way.
I’m not so much into fashion in the way that I want to go into work with fashion in the future. That’s far from what I want to do, but I find it fun and intriguing now. I like to go shopping and put things together like any other girl but I think learning about where we may have gotten certain styles from would be fun and interesting. It’s something that is fun enough that I wouldn’t mind spending my year researching.
Unlike some people I’m not taking a class that is about my particular topic, and I don’t feel that it is something that you can be so passionate about that you really desire to dedicate your time to it. It’s just a fun topic and if you know things about it you can contribute to some discussions and relate things better. Maybe I’ll find out more about why black is a color for mourning, why corsets were so important to women, and why they wore hoopskirts at all. I feel like these things would be pointless, but maybe not and these are the things I’m looking to find out while researching this topic.